Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus is another mid-range Android device which is an upgraded version of Samsung Galaxy Ace. This time it has 1 GHz processor and 512 Mb RAM. As usual, the stock Android Gingerbread v2.3. ROM on Galaxy Ace plus S7500 is un-rooted and therefore doesn’t allow you to perform various tasks like overclocking the processor,installing a custom ROM etc as these tasks requires root access. So we’ve written a very easy and effective tutorial to root your Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500. All you’ve to do is to follow every step carefully otherwise you may brick your Android device.
Note: This Procedure works for Mobiles having stock ROM only.
Before you begin:
- This will definitely void your warranty, although the warranty can be claimed by un-rooting your device.
- Also make a backup of all your contacts, messages and other necessary applications.
- Before you begin, make sure that your phone has at least 50% of battery.
- All the required Samsung mobile drivers should be installed. One easy way is to install KIES2.0 on your Windows PC; it will install all the required drivers.
Advantage of Rooting:
- You’ll be able to install an advance clockwork recovery mode (CWM).
- You’ll be able to install custom firmware which provides lot of more functions and significantly improve the performance of your phone.
- You’ll also be able to overclock your processor.
- You’ll be able to use all the applications that requires a rooted phone like “Screenshot it”.
Things that you have to download:
- First of all enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Ace PLUS. For that go to:
- Settings > Application > Development” and check out USB Debugging option.
- Thereafter, connect your phone to PC/laptop viaUSBCable and copy Root.tar that you downloaded above to the root of your SD Card through data cable.
- Now switch off your Android device and again switch it on in recovery mode.To get into recovery mode , hold the both volume buttons and the home button and the lightly touch the power button until it switches on.
- After successfully entering into recovery mode, use volume keys for navigation and home key to confirm.
- So, using volume keys navigate to “apply update from SD card” and choose “root.tar” that you copied in step 2 above. (Use home key to confirm)
- Wait until it says, “Successfully installed the file”. This will confirm that you’ve successfully install root.tar. Now reboot the device.
- Finally root your Samsung Galaxy Ace PLUS using DooMLoRD’s Easy Rooting Toolkit available at XDA forum [Link].
That’s all about rooting your Samsung Galaxy Ace PLUS. If you’re facing problems with this procedure, you can raise them through comments.
Update : Post is updated now with a working guide to root your Samsung Galaxy ACE plus.