Recently Samsung rolled out ICS firmware for Samsung Galaxy S2 across the globe and if you happen to have one that you recently upgraded to Android 4.03 XXLPJ firmware we have a guide to root it right away.
Before we begin you might want to know that rooting will void your warranty,however you can claim that back by unrooting it.If you are asking yourself why you should root your Samsung Galaxy S2 then here are benifits of rooting.
Please Note : we are not to be held responsible for any damage that might occur to your device following this guide,please do it at your own risk.
Benefits of rooting :
- With root access you can overclock your processor for added performance boost.
- With root access you install many custom roms for better UI and UX.
- You install several root only apps like Titanium backup,Super user etc that that not only improves your phones performance but also gives you the power to control everything on your phone.
- In short rooting your device opens gates to endless possibilities with Android,you can tweak,mod and customize your device as per your liking.
Now before we begin the rooting process here are some preliminary steps you need to follow :
1) Make sure you have installed USB drivers of your mobile on your pc.If not please do it now,the easy way to do it would be installing Kies 2.0 on your pc which would install all the required drivers on to it.
2) Enable USB Debugging on your mobile. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
3)Make sure you mobile is atleast 60% charged,the more the better.
4) Last but not the least make sure to make a backup of all your contacts and important data,preferably use KIES to make a backup of your contacts.
Procedure to root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9000 ICS 4.0.3 XXLPJ :
Step 1 : Download the rooting package here.
Step 2 : Extract the package,you will see two files one is the CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LPJ-v5.3-CWM5.rar and other one is Odin3 V1.83.exe
Step 3: Now enter you mobile into downlaod mode,to do so :
- Switch off your phone.
- Now hold on to Volume Down button and simultaneously hold the home screen button and now press the power button without releasing the other two.
Step 4 : Now run Odin3 V1.83 and Connect your Mobile to PC using data cable.
Step 5 : Once you have connected your mobile to the pc you should see ID : COM section as yellow in the Odin.This means everything is fine and we can proceed to the final step.If you dont see so,please make sure you have followed all the steps given until now properly.
Step 6 : Now if you see the yellow section in the ID:COM proceed and click the PDA tab and select the file CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LPJ-v5.3-CWM5.ta which we had downloaded earlier along with he odin.
Step 7 : Once you have selected the file click on start and it will start the process of rooting which will take approx 2 mins and your phone will boot normally.
That is it,you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2 ICS 4.0.3 XXPLJ .To confirm if your phone has rooted sucessfully or not,check for the app Super User in your apps collection,if it is there you have gained root access.You can also download Root Check app from Google Play to verify root access.
If you your phone does not boot after the process immediately on its own,remove the battery once and try it again after 30 seconds.If the booting is stuck at Samsung logo,then you need to start the whole process again from Download mode.In case you are having any further difficulties ,we are here to help.