So if you own the well known Galaxy S2 GTI9100 and you are interested in installing a custom firmware on it, you have to root your device. We have written a pretty easy procedure to root Samsung Galaxy S2 GTI9100 but still you need to follow every step carefully as any kind of negligence can turn your phone into an expensive paper weight.
Before you begin:
- This will definitely void your warranty, although the warranty can be claimed by un-rooting your device.
- Before proceeding, first of all make sure that you have upgraded your firmware at least to XWKDD. If not, hit the link [Link], follow the guide and upgrade your phone.
- Also make a backup of all your contacts, messages and other necessary applications.
- Before you begin, make sure that your phone has at least 50% of battery.
- All the required Samsung mobile drivers should be installed. One easy way is to install KIES2.0 on your Windows PC, it will install all the required drivers.
- This procedure requires ODIN, XWKDD kernel and Super one click. So first of all download this stuff and install the ODIN on your Windows PC.
- Also download the super one click and extract it somewhere in your computer.
- Make sure that USB debugging is checked. For that go to:
- Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
- Now you’ve to switch off your phone and turn it on in download mode by pressing Volume Down, Power on and OK button simultaneously as shown in the picture below.
- Once you have entered into download mode, run ODIN in your PC and connect your phone to the computer. From there, go to PDA option and choose XWKDD_insecure.tar. Make sure that none of other option is checked except F.reset Time and Auto reboot.
- After that click start button to start the flashing process and wait until your mobile reboots. As your device reboots, quickly launch the super one click and press on the root tab. This will root your device.
That’s all about rooting your Samsung Galaxy II. If you’re facing problems with this procedure, you can raise them through comments.