The WWDC 2012 is still going on,but we have what we were looking forward to the most tonight,yes its the new Mac Book Pro and Tim has just announced whats new and so amazing about it.So here are the specs of the new Macbook Pro annouced so far.In a nutshell its thinner,faster and has the much speculated Ratina display all of which comes with a hefty price tag ofcourse.
New Macbook Pro Specs:
- Processor: Intel 3rd Gen Ivy Bridge Core i7.
- Graphics : Nvidia 650M Kepler 1 GB DDR5
- RAM : Upto 16 GB GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM
- Display : 15.4-inch Ratina display with 2880 x 1800 resolution . which accounts for 220 ppi 5,184,000 pixels (4X times the current generation MBP).
- Dimensions and weight : 0.71 inches thin and weighs 4.6 pounds (lightest MBP ever).
- Camera : The front facing camera can do 720P face time video conferencing and the new MBP has dual Mics and stereo speakers to make the facetime experience better than ever.
- Memory : The new Macbook pro will have memory options upto 768 GB of Flash storage.
- Connectivity: The new Mac book pro comes with USB 3.0,thunderbolt and bluetooth 4.0,SDXC Card reader and WiFi b/g/n connectivity solutions.Also the new MBP comes with megasfe2 power connector.
The Macbook pro also comes with some software enhancements like iMessages and dictation and a lot more.Whats removed is the optical drive and has been replaced with 2 USB 3.0 slots along with thunderbolt.With all this under the hood the new Mac Book pro with core i7 2.3 Ghz and 256 GB of SSD storage would cost $2199.
All the new Macbook line up (Air and Pro) are up for sale right from today and it has been confirmed that Mountain Lion will be shipped next month,it wont be shipped along with the new models.Any Mac user can update to Mountain Lion for a price of $19.99 which is upgradable right from snow leopard.
The new Ratina display makes the mac book pro the highest resolution display notebook in the market.The display is said to feature better viewing angles and also anti glare for better viewing under direct light though it still is a glossy display.Tim cook says with the new Mac book pro “Surfing the web can be like experiencing magazine-like quality ” However for those of you who were wondering if the apps would look fine in such high resolution,Tim cook says it does need to be updated “Now, applications do have to be updated to take advantage of this Retina display.“